Partner visas enable Australian citizens, permanent residents and eligible New Zealand citizens to sponsor their overseas partners to migrate to Australia. You might be eligible for a partner visa if you are engaged, married or in a de facto relationship (same or opposite sex).

Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300)

This visa is also referred as Fiancé visa. In order to qualify for this visa, you must be engaged to an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. This visa must be lodged offshore. Once approved, you must marry your fiancé within 9 months of the initial visa being granted. Once you are married, you can apply for a Partner Visa in order to get your Permanent residency. You will be entitled to full work rights for the duration of the Fiance visa.