Global Talent Visa Subclass 858
Global Talent Visa is designed to attract highly skilled people to migrate to Australia permanently. If you have an internationally recognised record of outstanding achievement in an eligible field, you can apply for this visa.
Global Talent Visa has two visa pathways:
- Global Talent pathway is for highly skilled people who have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievements within the priority sectors. Applicants must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and receive an invitation to apply under this pathway.
The Global Talent pathway priority sectors are:
- Agri-food and AgTech
- Health industries
- Defence, advanced manufacturing and space
- Circular economy
- Infrastructure and tourism
- Financial services and FinTech
- The Distinguished Talent pathway is for highly skilled people who have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievements working in other sectors for either a profession, sport, the arts, or academia and research.
In order to be eligible to apply for this visa:
- You must contribute to the nation as a whole
- You must demonstrate that you would be able to find work in your field in Australia, or become independently established in your field in Australia
- Your achievements must be exceptional and outstanding
- You must also participate in a field that is recognised and accepted in Australia and has international standing
- You must be nominated or endorsed by an Australian citizen or and Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen or an Australian organization
- You must be under 55 years of age
- You must be of exceptional benefit to the Australian community
- You must have Functional English