Our client is a well-established business in hospitality industry. They are looking for an accountant who is experienced, self-driven, organized individual to join their team.
As a company Accountant you are responsible for overseeing the accounting, systems administration & compliance of the business.
Your key responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
- Working cash flow management
- Prepare BAS, IAS and R&D claims
- Prepare and review payroll and associated HR functions
- Collect monies and retentions within appropriate timeframes
- Review and analysis for Operational purchases
- Review Monthly invoicing within the correct timeframe and ensure they are accurate
- Reconciliation and review of Fixed Assets and Finance Lease Reporting
- Implementation of effective and effective accounting controls and processes
- Manage and lead a small team AP, AR/Payroll
- Work in a collaborative manner with Contracts and Production teams.
- Conduct and present monthly Finance meetings to senior managers and external accountant
- Reliability and punctuality to all work-related matters, events, and meetings
Selection criteria for this role are:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting
- Minimum 2-3 years full time experience
- Previous accounting experience in a medium to large size business
- Good knowledge of accounting and organisational financial principles and procedures, including contemporary knowledge of the accounting standards and current applicable legislation
- a demonstrated passion for problem solving and a commitment to delivering exceptional customer service to the finance team and other internal stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, to various levels of management and staff within the organisation
- Membership of, or eligibility to join CPA Australia or the Institute of Public Accountants or the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia will be looked upon favourably