Our client is looking for a qualified Chef to join their team. Suited in North Sydney, our client offers a premium dining experience for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
They are searching for a highly organised team player with excellent leadership and communication skills, outstanding food knowledge and who knows their way around a fast-paced commercial kitchen.
The responsibilities and key tasks will include:
- Supervising kitchen team members, ensuring excellence and consistency in the product delivered to customers.
- Development of new menus and associated costing.
- Running stock control and managing all BOH food and wage costs.
- Enforcing daily and weekly systems and procedures to ensure a high level of presentation, hygiene, service, and product quality.
- Ensuring compliance with all health and safety regulations and food standards.
- Recruiting, inducting, training and rostering of BOH team members
Skills and Qualifications
- 3 + years experience working as a Chef
- Formal culinary qualification
- Ability to manage a busy kitchen, with a high level of consistency and creativity
- Strong staff management experience, with the ability to lead, develop and motivate a high preforming team
- Extensive knowledge of OHS/HACCP within a kitchen environment
- Ability to work well in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Be flexible to work a range of different shifts, including weekends
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.